One of the responsibilities of an employee is to help keep their organisation safe and protected from malicious activity. There are several steps staff can take on a daily basis to ensure they don’t bring any additional risk to your organisation.
- Information Sharing: If in doubt, don’t share sensitive information and consult your manager.
- Lost Devices: Report any lost devices to the IT Service Desk as soon as possible so we can work with you to protect both your information and the company’s information
- False Entry: If you don’t know someone, don’t let them follow you into the building or buzz them in.
- Password Usage: If you think your password has been hacked, change it for all accounts where you use that password. Avoid using the same password for more than one login.
- Be Aware: Don’t store confidential information on your hard drive, mobile phone or iPad unless the information is encrypted and backed up.
- Cloud Storage: Don’t store company information on third party cloud storage such as Dropbox, Google or iCloud without prior permission.
- Lock Up: When you leave your desk make sure you lock your PC, remove any mobile devices and securely file away any papers.
- Be Alert: Don’t click on a file you’re not expecting to receive via email, or download unauthorised files from suspicious website.
Take a look at all the ways security could be improved in this scene. You’re welcome to download the poster to share around your organisation as you please.