No doubt we’ve all had the alert pop up saying, ‘this document is not compatible with your version of Word/Excel/Powerpoint’. Wouldn’t it be nice to never have this frustrating issue again? With Office 365 Premium you never need to worry about compatibility again, with always-up-to-date software!
Office 365 isn’t just business software, it’s also a whole hosted email solution and productivity suite from Microsoft, and the first move many will make in trying out cloud computing. It may not be the right choice for every situation, but it’s always best to be as informed as possible to be able to make a decision.
If you’re currently running your own on-site exchange server and considering a hosted mail solution, Office 365 could be the way forward. Microsoft have a couple of different plans to choose from, however the most comprehensive is Office 365 Business Premium where we will cover the significant business and technical benefits below:
- The pay-as-you-go pricing model provides predictability and flexibility. When users join or depart the business their licences can be added or removed month on month.
- By being built and maintained by a leading name in technology, you can rest assured that an immense amount of expertise and investment has gone into the development, disaster recovery and security measures for Office 365.
- You need never worry about an upgrade again, Microsoft handles these behind the scenes. Whereas on-site upgrades can lead to downtime and the expense of IT call out time, Office365 is designed to stay online and provide constant availability.
- Save wasted man hours with single sign on (SSO). Having the one password for each of your Office logins can reduce the need to remember, or forget, multiple different ones, and so save the time taken to reset each time.
- By purchasing a premium plan, your Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) is forever up to date, across all of your devices.
- Get access to leading business productivity tools such as Sharepoint, Yammer, Delve, Skype for Business and Teams.
- Manage teamworking and scheduling with Microsoft Bookings and Microsoft Planner.
These benefits can be very impactful on the operating costs and productivity levels of a small business.
When running the figures on total cost of ownership (TCO) don’t forget there’s more than just the cost of an exchange server, the licensing and the installation.
- hardware to run the exchange server,
- powering, cooling and housing the server,
- installation and correct configuration,
- security and backup provision,
- maintenance of the equipment and upgrades,
- on-site consultancy time and downtime suffered during outages,
So if you only set out to never have any compatibility issues again, look at all the other benefits you could be getting alongside this!
To see the plans we offer at M-Tech, please visit our dedicated Office 365 page.