Throughout the industry we all know that internal IT are under huge pressure.
Technology is moving at such a pace it’s a constant fight to evolve, be dynamic, stay secure, maintain user-experience and keep compliant, all while remaining a strategic part of the organisation on a tightly monitored budget, with minimal resources. Sometimes it’s just too much.
Is it time to consider bringing in a Managed IT Service?
This isn’t about replacing the existing IT team, or downplaying the role they hold – far from it. Internal IT have a valuable place within any organisation, whether that’s a solicitor’s firm, marketing agency, building supplier, university, ambulance service or secondary school.
With digital transformation high on the agenda of most ambitious businesses and educational establishments, IT’s role is expanding.
A Managed Service Provider (MSP) will work in partnership with you to lift the daily pressures and allow IT to take a more strategic role. This frees up time for project planning, thorough testing and end-user experience improvement.
While an MSP might not be the right direction for everyone, it’s worth considering in the first instance. We’ve listed what we believe are the top six reasons to embrace managed IT.
- Ditch the Repetitive Tasks: IT’s time is taken up with repetitive, low-level daily tasks. There’s no time for higher level focus.
- Access to Specialist Skills: There’s so much to learn and not enough time. Maintaining core skills alone is a challenge, plus specialist skills aren’t available in every area.
- Too Much Tech: The tech landscape is ever-changing. While the existing infrastructure might be great, is it future-proof and adaptable?
- Unexpected Costs: The IT budget is heavily scrutinised. Unexpected capital outlays are undesirable, even where necessary to improve function.
- Digital Transformation: The organisation wants to move forwards with the support of IT, but IT are so wrapped up in ‘keeping the lights on’, they can’t participate.
- Enterprise IT: Access to enterprise grade IT would be desirable but there isn’t the capital available to invest.
Download the six points as a poster to share around with your team or pin up as a reminder.
If you have encountered one, some or even all of the above issues, an MSP could help. By outsourcing part of your IT function, you’ll free up time internally to invest back into business development and user experience. You’ll also rest assured in the knowledge that your daily tasks are being monitored and taken care of efficiently, you have access to highly skilled engineers, and you’re operating on a fixed cost pricing model.
Not all MSPs are created equal, some specialise in certain areas, others operate across multiple time zones. Figure out what is best for your organisation and look for a partner to suit. Come up with a list of questions that are important to you, contact some companies and start building a picture of how managed IT could work for you.
At M-Tech, we make managing your IT stress-free. We’ll give you the confidence that your IT is secure, compliant and fit for purpose. Our friendly team of IT professionals want to deliver a service you’re completely happy with. Don’t just take our word for it, have a read of some of our favourite testimonials about how we help our clients with their IT.
Not for you?
If managed IT isn’t for you, we can work with you at any level you need; stepping in for one off projects, collaborating on your IT strategy, or simply acting as a purchasing department. Get in touch today and let’s talk tech.