Microsoft have announced a series of changes taking place across their on-premise and cloud product range. The price adjustments will come into effect on 1 October 2018, following an official announcement in July.
The changes are designed to create more consistency and transparency. Some of the headlines are outlined below:
- Office 2019 commercial prices will increase 10 percent over current on-premises pricing.
- Windows 10 Enterprise will see a price rise.
- On-premise and online government services will be aligned to the ‘lowest commercial price’.
- Windows Server 2019 Standard edition will see a 10% increase.
- The RDS Device CAL will increase by 30%, bring its pricing in line with the User CAL.
The full Microsoft blog post announcement can be found here.
M-Tech can assist you with software asset management and software audits. If you’re wondering if or how these price changes will affect you, please get in touch.