M-Tech have been working closely with a couple of secondary schools in the Borough of Ealing during summer 2017. Villiers High School and Elthorne Park High School were looking to secure their previous investments in virtualisation by providing higher levels of disaster recovery.
Between them, the schools educate over 2000 students from ages 11-18. Both sites are managed by the one Network Manager, who was seeking the same solution for each to ease management pressures.
Enterprise-level on-premise disaster recovery
M-Tech suggested Veeam as an enterprise disaster recovery solution. Each school now has a separate Veeam server, backing up VMWare. The solution is structured into a primary SAN, primary NAS and secondary NAS. Weekly and monthly backups go to the primary NAS, with monthly archival copies directed to the secondary NAS for added disaster recovery and data availability.
The previous solution was difficult for the schools’ IT team to manage. They used agent-based backup, rather than VM aware, onto tape. This meant additional overheads such as purchasing and manging physical tape libraries at both sites.
The new solution is hassle-free and saves valuable time. Its built-in automation and reliability ensures the schools are Always-On, leaving IT to focus on exceeding the technology expectations of the staff and students.
83% of Veeam customers have more confidence in their current backup, compared to previous solutions.
Source: ESG Customer Insights Research, February 2014
A whole host of benefits to improve your disaster recovery abilities
The solution offers enterprise-level functionality and scalability, modernising the virtual datacentre.
- Improved off-site backup and recovery with WAN-accelerated replication, replication from backup and 1-click site failover, with support for planned failover
- Instant VM Recovery
- Test every backup, every time, before launch and ensure full recovery
- Full integration with Microsoft 2016 data centre technologies, including Windows Server 2016, Hyper-V 2016 and the 2016 versions of Microsoft enterprise applications
- Instantly recover individual Active Directory objects and entire containers, as well as user accounts and passwords. Also supports expiring links between objects
- Fast transaction-level recovery of SQL databases and restoration of SQL databases precisely to a desired point in time
- Instant visibility and granular recovery of individual Exchange items, including hard-deleted items
M-Tech carried out the Veeam disaster recovery project firstly at Elthorne Park High School in July, then Villiers High School in August.
Improve your disaster recovery abilities and management overheads with backup and replication from Veeam. Please call 01323 404040, or email email@example.com to find out more.